Brechin is the hill on your right when you disembark from the ferries at Departure Bay. The neighbourhood includes some funky homes built to enjoy the amazing views of Departure Bay and Newcastle Island; decks are large, windows are tall, roads are steep, and there's a maritime feeling. A spectacular view of Newcastle Island is enjoyed by most of the homes in this area and can be accessed by ferry or private vessel.
- Brechin Elementary - 510 Millstone Ave., Nanaimo V9S 5A9 - 250 754-7523; fax: 250 754-8314, Principal Diane Goodman, Secretary Lynn Hughes; Kindergarten to Grade 7: 168 students
- Cilaire Elementary - 25 Cilaire Drive, Nanaimo V9S 3C9 - 250 758-7941; fax: 250 751-8840, Principal Mike Ireland, Secretary Darlene Ludvigson; Kindergarten to Grade 7: 205 students
- Learn@Home K-7 - 3004 Departure Bay Road, Nanaimo V9T 1B4 - 250 751-2197; toll free 1-866-740-2037; fax: 250 758-3915, Principal Scott Saywell, Coordinator Darrell Letourneau, Secretary Sharon Binng
- Woodlands Secondary - 1270 Strathmore St., Nanaimo V9S 2L9 - 250 753-2271; fax: 250 753-5429, Principal Dave Stupich, Vice-Principals Derek Beeston and Theresa Watson, Secretary Debra Sywak; Grades 8 to 12: 701 students
- Ecole Quarterway Elementary School - 1632 Bowen Rd., Nanaimo V9S 1G6 - 250 754-6845; fax: 250 754-6871, Principal Peter Hewitt, Vice-Principal Margaret Yung, Secretary Barb Hickson; Kindergarten to Grade 7 (Dual track - English and French Immersion): 386 students
- The Conseil scolaire francophone has 38 schools across the province. (250) 714-0761 1951 Estevan Rd, Nanaimo, BC